- It is helpful to start taking more responsibility for your own medication and treatments. Know when and how much to take.
- It can seem daunting but you should begin to think about seeing your doctor or other health care professionals by yourself.
- Try to learn more about your condition and treatments and consider talking to others about them.
- It would be useful to start planning your ‘transition’ to adult health care. Ask your parents/guardians and your team about it – ask questions and express your concerns.
- Consider finding out the main differences between child and adult health care services – this way you will know what to expect when you move.
- Try to understand more about the impact of diet, exercise, alcohol and drugs on your overall health.