- Find out which adult service you will be transferring to. Try to arrange to visit or make a phone call to the clinic before you move – this way you will find out what to expect at the first visit.
- As you get older, you will be expected to answer questions about your medical history, medication and treatments - try to find out as much as you can and maybe make some notes for yourself.
- Give some thought to your first visit to the adult clinic. Consider the questions you would like to ask and maybe make a list to take with you.
- Continue to look after your medications and/or treatments – you will be better able to talk to your health care team by doing this.
- Think about your lifestyle choices (exercise, diet, hobbies, sport, education) –and the possible effects these could have on your condition. Aim to achieve a healthy match with your condition and lifestyle.
- If you can, start to contact your health care team yourself – arrange appointments, ask about medications and hospital visits.